Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bumper Snickers

A Leading Cause of Stress is Reality!

Saw that bumper sticker on the back of an old Corolla in the heart - of course - of Midtown. (Now, before you get all twisted, I lived in Midtown for 25 years and loved it. Loved it despite gunshots in the night and the regular sound of sirens and the police helicopter.)

But I digress...

I haven't had a bumper sticker on my car since this one back in the '70's:

Women Belong in the House
And in the Senate

Look how far we've come, ladies! We, too, can have simplistic, uninformed candidates on the national ticket. I'm SO proud...

Since then, I've avoided slapping bumper stickers on my various and sundry automobiles because I didn't want to advertise what I really thought. I am not stupid - I know that other drivers are packing.

But I've mentally collected them over the years. Some of my favorites:

Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied

If ingorance is bliss, why
aren't more people happy?

Well-behaved women
seldom make history

Not all who wander are lost

Just say NO
to negativity
Because they really piss me off:

I brake SUDDENLY
for tailgaters

The one that could get me shot on my way to work (illustrated with the icons mentioned):

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.
--Sinclair Lewis

And finally - my personal favorite:

Don't make me release the flying monkeys!

I actually BOUGHT that bumper sticker, and have been seriously considering either putting it on my car or, better yet, hanging it over my desk at work.

No comments: