Friday, January 23, 2009

Who's That Knocking on My Door?

So this morning about 5:30 I'm grabbing a cup of coffee in the kitchen when the little cat comes scurrying through the cat door in the laundry room, whips around, fur slightly raised, and gives one of those intense cat stares at the opening he's just come through.

I figure it's the old cat. I hear the cat door open, then swing shut, then nothing.

I go to the laundry room door, switch on the outside light, open it to the cold - nothing.

Just to be sure, I look in my office and there's the old black cat sound asleep in the basket next to my computer.


What the hell was trying to get into my house????


I live in the woods. A childhood in various suburbs, most of my adulthood in Midtown, and now a house Mr. D and I built ourselves in the middle of a small forest at the edge of KCMO. I am a city girl, and I've enjoyed the sightings of deer, fox, wild turkeys, raccoons, etc. that we've seen over the years.

They are not, however, allowed inside the house. And now I'm thinking of all those "funniest" home videos showing raccoons coming through a cat door in the middle of the night to feast on cat and dog food.

Shit.

No comments: